Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Robert Nicholson <ro...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/13 18:24:41 UTC

Cannot get an Active MQ Publish working.

jmeter.protocol.jms.sampler.JMSSampler: Cannot instantiate class:
org.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory
javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class:
org.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory [Root exception is
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory]

Please note I've have the following in JMETER_HOME/lib

drwxr-xr-x@ 40 robert  staff     1360 Sep 13 11:19 .
drwxr-xr-x@ 11 robert  staff      374 Sep 13 10:39 ..
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff   192042 Jun 17 10:11 Tidy.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff  2315826 Sep 13 10:37 activemq-
core-5.2.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff    72851 Jun 17 10:11 avalon-
framework-4.1.4.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff   113369 Jun 17 10:11 bsf-2.4.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff   281694 Jun 17 10:11 bsh-2.0b4.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff    29337 Jun 17 10:16 bshclient.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff    46725 Jun 17 10:11 commons-codec-1.3.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff   571259 Jun 17 10:11 commons-
collections-3.2.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff   305001 Jun 17 10:11 commons-
httpclient-3.1.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff   109043 Jun 17 10:11 commons-io-1.4.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff   132165 Jun 17 10:11 commons-jexl-1.1.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff   261809 Jun 17 10:11 commons-lang-2.4.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff    60841 Jun 17 10:11 commons-
logging-1.1.1.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff   180792 Jun 17 10:11 commons-net-1.4.1.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff    56089 Jun 17 10:11 excalibur-
datasource-1.1.1.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff    17669 Jun 17 10:11 excalibur-
instrument-1.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff    76725 Jun 17 10:11 excalibur-
logger-1.1.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff    44462 Jun 17 10:11 excalibur-
pool-1.2.jar
drwxr-xr-x@ 16 robert  staff      544 Jun 17 10:16 ext
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff    16030 Sep 13 10:37 geronimo-j2ee-
management_1.0_spec-1.0.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff    71952 Jun 17 10:11
htmllexer-2.0-20060923.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff   138838 Jun 17 10:11
htmlparser-2.0-20060923.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff   142391 Jun 17 10:11 jCharts-0.7.5.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff    65261 Jun 17 10:11 jakarta-oro-2.0.8.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff   153115 Jun 17 10:11 jdom-1.1.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff   116243 Jun 17 10:16 jorphan.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff   708951 Jun 17 10:11 js_rhino1_6R5.jar
drwxr-xr-x@  3 robert  staff      102 Sep 10 00:20 junit
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff   120640 Jun 17 10:11 junit3.8.2.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff    86165 Jun 17 10:11 logkit-1.2.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff   278286 Jun 17 10:11 serializer-2_9_1.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff   232498 Jun 17 10:11 soap.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff  3176148 Jun 17 10:11 xalan_2_7_1.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff  1229289 Jun 17 10:11 xercesImpl-2_9_1.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff   194354 Jun 17 10:11 xml-apis-2_9_1.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff   517073 Jun 17 10:11 xmlgraphics-
commons-1.3.1.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff    24956 Jun 17 10:11 xpp3_min-1.1.4c.jar
-rw-r--r--@  1 robert  staff   431406 Jun 17 10:11 xstream-1.3.1.jar

audrey:lib robert$ jar tf activemq-core-5.2.0.jar  |grep jndi
org/apache/activemq/jndi/
org/apache/activemq/jndi/ActiveMQInitialContextFactory$1.class
org/apache/activemq/jndi/ActiveMQInitialContextFactory$2.class
org/apache/activemq/jndi/ActiveMQInitialContextFactory.class
org/apache/activemq/jndi/ActiveMQWASInitialContextFactory.class
org/apache/activemq/jndi/JNDIBaseStorable.class
org/apache/activemq/jndi/JNDIReferenceFactory.class
org/apache/activemq/jndi/JNDIStorableInterface.class
org/apache/activemq/jndi/LazyCreateContext.class
org/apache/activemq/jndi/NameParserImpl.class
org/apache/activemq/jndi/ReadOnlyContext$1.class
org/apache/activemq/jndi/ReadOnlyContext$ListBindingEnumeration.class
org/apache/activemq/jndi/ReadOnlyContext$ListEnumeration.class
org/apache/activemq/jndi/ReadOnlyContext$LocalNamingEnumeration.class
org/apache/activemq/jndi/ReadOnlyContext.class

Isn't JMeter suppose to find these classes?

I would prefer that Jmeter log it's classpath

Re: Cannot get an Active MQ Publish working.

Posted by Robert Nicholson <ro...@gmail.com>.
Well I definitely had some bugs in my code and I'm now using the 5.3-
SNAPSHOT and everything seems to be working as I expected it would.

Posted by Evandro Grezeli <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hey robert, im curious about your problem...did you solved?

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 12:03 AM, Robert Nicholson <
robert.nicholson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks... I believe your solution is specific to websphere so I just need
> to relate that to what I should
> have both in jndi.properties and the Point to Point setup in JMeter when
> using ActiveMQ
>

> On Sep 13, 2009, at 9:53 PM, Evandro Grezeli wrote:
>
>  found:
>>
>> Simple steps:
>> 1- You created your JMS Point-to-point at jmeter;
>> 2- You already downloaded to your machine all lib's and set it on the lib
>> folder of jmeter;
>> 3- you runned the JMSADmin in your IBM Websphere, passing as parameter
>> your
>> .csp file;
>> 4- inside the JNDI folder in your webSphere directory, will be created a
>> hidden file of extension .binding (it will have no name);
>> 5- Catch the hiding file in your websphere mach, set it in your jmeter
>> client machine, creat a local defined user variable in your testPlan
>> passain
>> the file location as value and pass it as parameter at you "provider url";
>> 6- Run your cenario, it must enqueeue the msg in the line!
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 11:51 PM, Evandro Grezeli <
>> grezeli.evandro@gmail.com
>>
>>> wrote:
>>>

>>> actually, it's not the jndi properties that i reffer.
>>> It's a hidden file that is generated when you run de JMSAdmin passin as
>>> parameter your properties file. At least on the websphere, when you run
>>> the
>>> JMSAdmin it will create a folder called JNDI, and inside it will be
>>> created
>>> a hidden file with the blank name and the extension .bidding
>>>
>>> this file will be your contextFactory file. Inside of it it's all the
>>> necessary information to stabilish a sucessfull connection with the
>>> queeue.
>>>
>>> Ps: I have a small step to step somewhere in my machine, was the solution
>>> that i made with my same problem of connection with websphere, perhaps
>>> will
>>> aid you with the ActiveMQ. As soon i found it, will send ya.
>>>

>>> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 11:38 PM, Robert Nicholson <
>>> robert.nicholson@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  I just made a JNDI.jar file and put my jndi.properties in there and

>>> --
>>> Atenciosamente
>>> Regards
>>> Evandro Grezeli de B. Neves
>>>

>> --
>> Atenciosamente
>> Regards
>> Evandro Grezeli de B. Neves

Atenciosamente
Regards
Evandro Grezeli de B. Neves

Re: Cannot get an Active MQ Publish working.

Posted by Robert Nicholson <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Evandro Grezeli <gr...@gmail.com>.
found:

--
Atenciosamente
Regards

Re: Cannot get an Active MQ Publish working.

Posted by Evandro Grezeli <gr...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>>> which is needed to debug the JMSSampler.
>>>
>>> In general I'd rather debug with all class compiled and put in the output
>>> directory instead of this classpath switcheroo stuff.
>>>
>>> Is this cast a supported way of getting the object
>>>
>>> Queue queue = (Queue) context.lookup(getSendQueue());
>>>
>>> That looks a little spurious to me.
>>>
>>> Is it necessary to have a jndi.properties file?
>>>
>>> I ask because HermesJMS works against ActiveMQ without the need for one
>>> although that said I cannot browse temporary queues that were created
>>> because they have :'s in their name and therefore parse as schemes
>>> resulting
>>> in an error in HermesJMS.
>>>
>>> The following url suggests I need a jndi.properties file
>>>
>>> http://activemq.apache.org/jndi-support.html
>>>
>>> if I want to look up any JMS resources with JNDI when using ActiveMQ

Atenciosamente
Regards
Evandro Grezeli de B. Neves

Re: Cannot get an Active MQ Publish working.

Posted by Robert Nicholson <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Evandro Grezeli <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Nicholson <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Nicholson <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Evandro Grezeli <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Nicholson <ro...@gmail.com>.
I'm using the 1.6.0 VM so I don't think there are any version issues.
If there were I'm sure
the errors wouldn't appear like this but be actual Version errors
major/minor etc.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Nicholson <ro...@gmail.com>.
No but why would that stop JMeter finding the InitialContextFactory
class?

I have Hermes running against ActiveMQ with discovery without creating
such a file.

Posted by Evandro Grezeli <gr...@gmail.com>.