Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie> on 2014/07/27 22:47:28 UTC

Marvin Package?

Hi,

Do we have a binary of marvin that users can download independent to the
management server rpms? Other than grabbing the tar.gz from jenkins.

I was hoping it would be published on pypi. Prasanna seems to have a page
for it there but there are no uploads:
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cloudstack-marvin/0.1.0

Ideally I want pip install cloudstack-marvin or easy_install
cloudstack-marvin.

Thanks,

Ian

RE: Marvin Package?

Posted by Sudha Ponnaganti <su...@citrix.com>.
+1 to use same version number for Marvin package as Cloudstack release.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 7:26 AM, Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On 22-Sep-2014, at 4:54 am, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:
>> Sharing things on pypi is a distribution channel for end users -  if
>> it's done by the project, it must be voted on and released. If it's
>> done by an individual, they can't post anything they want, but we'll
>> have to insist that they don't use our trademarks (e.g. both Marvin
>> and CloudStack will need to be removed from the package name)
>
> For all the previously voted releases of CloudStack, can we still build marvin from those source releases and publish on pypi (keeping the marvin version same as CloudStack version to avoid confusion)?

Yes. If it's been voted on successfully that can be published.

--David

Re: Marvin Package?

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi David,

On 22-Sep-2014, at 4:54 am, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:
> Sharing things on pypi is a distribution channel for end users -  if
> it's done by the project, it must be voted on and released. If it's
> done by an individual, they can't post anything they want, but we'll
> have to insist that they don't use our trademarks (e.g. both Marvin
> and CloudStack will need to be removed from the package name)

For all the previously voted releases of CloudStack, can we still build marvin from those source releases and publish on pypi (keeping the marvin version same as CloudStack version to avoid confusion)?

Regards,

Re: Marvin Package?

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
Sorry for not catching this earlier; I just saw Ian's message and read
the rest of this thread.

Re: Marvin Package?

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
> Unfortunately this is going to need to be removed. CloudStack hasn't
voted on or released 4.4.1 yet, which would include Marvin. 4.4.0 is
fair game as is 4.3.1, etc.

OK. Thanks David.

I have removed 4.4.1.

Re: Marvin Package?

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Re: Marvin Package?

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.

Re: Marvin Package?

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.

RE: Marvin Package?

Posted by Santhosh Edukulla <sa...@citrix.com>.

Re: Marvin Package?

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.

Re: Marvin Package?

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.

Re: Marvin Package?

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Ian,

Re: Marvin Package?

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.

Re: Marvin Package?

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.

Re: Marvin Package?

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Since no one objects to the versioning, I've set next release versions
on 4.4 and master branches to 4.4.1 and 4.5.0 respectively. Further
fixed the module author/maintainer email to use that of ACS dev which is
same as cloudmonkey.

Regards.

Re: Marvin Package?

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl>.
Sounds good to me.

Re: Marvin Package?

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Hugo,

Re: Marvin Package?

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl>.

Re: Marvin Package?

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi,

Re: Marvin Package?

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Re: Marvin Package?

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Don't be to sure Ian,

There is about 180 changes in 4.4-forward that did not go in 4.4 yet

--
Daan

Re: Marvin Package?

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.