Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by chetan jain <cp...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/28 12:47:12 UTC

[users@httpd] Is httpd 2.4.x is supported on CentOs6?

Hi All,

As apache 2.2.x is EOL, I need to upgrade to httpd 2.4.x version but I am
not able to verify anywhere if it is supported/tested configuration with
Centos 6 OS?

Any inputs are highly apprrleciated.

Thanks,
Chetan

Re: [users@httpd] Is httpd 2.4.x is supported on CentOs6?

Posted by Rainer Canavan <ra...@sevenval.com>.
On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 1:47 PM, chetan jain <cp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As apache 2.2.x is EOL, I need to upgrade to httpd 2.4.x version but I am
> not able to verify anywhere if it is supported/tested configuration with
> Centos 6 OS?

If your requirement is that you are only allowed to run supported software,
you may be able to stick with what you currently have, because the httpd 2.2.x
packages that ship with RHEL 6 are still supported by Redhat. In same vein,
the essentially identical httpd 2.2.x packages that ship with CentOS 6 are
of course still supported by the CentOS team until November 2020, if I'm
not mistaken.

rainer

RE: [users@httpd] Is httpd 2.4.x is supported on CentOs6?

Posted by Richard <li...@listmail.innovate.net>.

There are releases of 2.4 for centos-6 in the scl collection - a
semi-official release channel for newer versions of some packages:

  <https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/scls/rhscl/httpd24/>

RE: [users@httpd] Is httpd 2.4.x is supported on CentOs6?

Posted by "Houser, Rick" <ri...@jackson.com>.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by chetan jain <cp...@gmail.com>.
Thank you everyone for the replies, I will go ahead and configure it and
will let the forum know if I encounter any issues