Posted to dev@excalibur.apache.org by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org> on 2004/12/22 16:11:31 UTC

Cornerstone Status

Hello all.

There's some talk over on the James server list about Cornerstone:

  http://www.mail-archive.com/server-dev%40james.apache.org/msg03298.html

Last I understood, Paul Hammant was working on refactoring the code.  I'm
not sure what the status of his efforts is or if he even has SVN commit
access to Excalibur.

Anyway, I'd rather this not get lost.  Perhaps we can work with Paul and
the James team to get a new release of Cornerstone out or maybe even
facilitate a transfer to the James team.

jaaron

Re: Cornerstone Status

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@Hammant.org>.
J Aaron,

I've not made any (CDI) changes for some months, but do have a list of
things to do. I think I was making changes in the SVN depot....

- Paul

--
ThoughtWorks - recruiting Java/.Net OSS* Architects/Developers worldwide
Speak to the ThoughtWorker(s) you know best/longest about ThoughtWorks..

* Also recruiting non-OSS developers, PMs, BAs, Agilists, Testers

Re: Cornerstone Status

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
Hi gang,

Like Aaron said, cornerstone has been moved to excalibur, so is not "dead".
It isn't particularly active as a codebase either right now, but that's not
a big issue (it's been doing what it's been doing for a long time, really).

IMHO, the main reason that Excalibur took responsibility for Cornerstone was
that James has an active dependency on it.

You may not know it, but all james developers have read-write access to the
excalibur subversion repository. We've pretty much cleaned up the build
process as well, so anyone with basic maven skills can roll a basic distro,
no sweat. In other words, made it about as easy as possible for you guys :-D

PaulH and PeterD are both on dev@excalibur (IIRC they're the ones that wrote
the main parts of cornerstone way back), busy as always, but I'm sure we'll
be able to answer most of your questions.

All that said, it would be kinda cool to do a derby thing so don't let me
stop you! :-D

Cheers,

- Leo