Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Paul <pa...@merge-solutions.com> on 2007/06/12 16:53:54 UTC

[S2] re-direct action barfing now?!

Hi all,

I've had the following action result for the past couple weeks:

<result name="saved" type="redirect-action">UserAction</result>

All this did was after a form had been submitted and the data persisted, it was to re-direct back to the user listing page (which is the default result from the execute() method inside my UserAction class.)

I was working fine but now I'm continually getting this Struts Problem Report after saving,

Struts has detected an unhandled exception:

Messages: There is no Action mapped for namespace /pass and action name UserAction!pass.

I haven't even declared a /pass namespace anywhere in my configurations nor am I ever forwarding to UserAction!pass? What in the world could be going on? J

Thanks in advance,
Paul

RE: [S2] re-direct action barfing now?!

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Paul <pa...@merge-solutions.com> wrote:
> In my struts.xml file I have:
> <constant
> name="struts.enable.DynamicMethodInvocation"
> value="false" />
>
> Where in the heck is this !pass DMI getting
> attached? I am completely baffled :)

If it used to work then I'd suggest you've changed
something in your code, config, or presentation that's
making it do that, probably specifically relating to
config or URL generation.

If I were approaching this the first (or second) thing
I'd do is grep everything for "pass" just as a
low-resolution overview to see if there's anything
obivous causing it.

Also first (or second) I'd guesstimate when the
problem started and look at all my checkins during
that time, again checking to see if there's anything
obvious.

I haven't seen this particular problem before using
redirect-action, but I suppose it could be an
interaction with the result and... an interceptor or
something? But I'd check my own code / etc. first
since you state it used to work.

d.

RE: [S2] re-direct action barfing now?!

Posted by Paul <pa...@merge-solutions.com>.
Let me add,

After doing some more research I've discovered that the ! ("bang") is for DynamicMethodInvocation from Webwork.

In my struts.xml file I have:
<constant name="struts.enable.DynamicMethodInvocation" value="false" />

Where in the heck is this !pass DMI getting attached? I am completely baffled :)

Any help greatly appreciated.