Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Graham Vickrage <gr...@gpmd.co.uk> on 2005/04/15 19:39:13 UTC

Wrong page being displayed

I'm a newbie to Mod perl and have a odd problem.

I have installed apache2 2.0.53, perl 5.8.4 and MP2 2.0.0 and connect to
a postgresql database on a different machine (Apache:DBI & DBI &
DBD::Pg). All works well except that I seem to get old pages served on
new page requests. It would appear as if its some sort of caching issue
but I am not sure how to force a request. An example request would be

http://mysite.com/cgi-bin/displaypage.pl?page=2

And the next page would be

http://mysite.com/cgi-bin/displaypage.pl?page=3

It shows previously viewed pages and with no particular pattern. Does
anyone know where I start looking to solve this one. The access logs are
displaying the correct request but the webserver is delivering previous
pages but not consistently????

Any help greatly appreciated.

RE: Wrong page being displayed

Posted by Graham Vickrage <gr...@gpmd.co.uk>.
I have figured out the problem. It was down to my globally scoped
variables in the pl scripts such as

my $q = new CGI;

Once I specifically passed these into each procedure the problems
ceased.

Thanks for you help with this one.

Posted by Thomas Schindl <to...@gmx.at>.

--
+++ GMX - Die erste Adresse f�r Mail, Message, More +++

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Vanasco <jv...@mastersofbranding.com>.
Sometimes  something similar happens to me when I'm working on my dev
machine and have automatic reloading turned on via Apache::Reload

Many times, Apache::Reload doesn't pick up the file change, or, for
whatever reason, gets really screwed up and needs a reboot

doing a /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl stop / start solves that
problem each time though -- sometimes a restart or graceful doesn't do
it