Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Klaubert Herr da Silveira <kl...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/29 21:56:09 UTC

[users@httpd] Charset-lite and proxy_html example needed!

I'm configuring apache (2.0.40, redhat 9, compiled with mod_charset_lite) as a
reverse proxy for my internal web servers, and need to rewrite some url's
inside html and .js files on-the-fly.

To this I'm using mod_proxy (to reverse proxy) and mod_proxy_html (to rewrite
html), the problem is that mod_proxy_html convert all html content to UTF-8,
but  .js (javascript's) files, with this I get a misconfigured page (eg, a
pop-up in js, wrong accentuation (my language have accents)).

In apacheweek, the developer of mod_proxy_html sugest to use mod_charset_lite
in this situation... I can't figure out how to put this working together.

I believe that can be a order in output filter, but I could not found any
example.

Can anybody send a working example os mod_proxy + mod_proxy_html +
mod_charset_lite?

Thanks in advance,

Klaubert

PS. Below some configuration that I'm using.

LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
LoadFile   /usr/lib/libxml2.so
LoadModule proxy_html_module modules/mod_proxy_html.so
LoadModule charset_lite_module modules/mod_charset_lite.so

DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"
CharsetSourceEnc ISO8859-1  # to catch .js files  (no success)
CharsetDefault UTF-8

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

<VirtualHost _default_:81>
ErrorLog logs/virtual-error_log
CustomLog logs/virtual-access_log common

ProxyPass /app1/  http://internal-server/app1/

ProxyHTMLURLMap http://internal-server/app1/ /app1/
<Location /cbe/>
   ProxyPassReverse http://internal-server/app1/
   ProxyHTMLDoctype HTML Legacy
   SetOutputFilter proxy-html

                                               ProxyHTMLURLMap /app1/ /app1/
   RequestHeader unset Accept-Enconding
</Location>

</virtualhost>

Re: [users@httpd] Charset-lite and proxy_html example needed!

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Klaubert Herr da Silveira wrote:

> I'm configuring apache (2.0.40,

Aaargh!  That's a museum-piece, not an operational webserver.

> To this I'm using mod_proxy (to reverse proxy) and mod_proxy_html (to rewrite
> html), the problem is that mod_proxy_html convert all html content to UTF-8,
> but  .js (javascript's) files, with this I get a misconfigured page (eg, a
> pop-up in js, wrong accentuation (my language have accents)).

mod_proxy_html doesn't process javascript files.  It would be rather
futile to run a *javascript* file through an *html* parser!  The code

  if ( f->r->proxyreq && f->r->content_type ) {
    if ( strncasecmp(f->r->content_type, "text/html", 9) &&
	strncasecmp(f->r->content_type, "application/xhtml+xml", 21) ) {
      ap_remove_output_filter(f) ;
      return NULL ;
    }
  }

ensures it won't parse javascript file (unless your backend is badly
broken).

> In apacheweek, the developer of mod_proxy_html sugest to use mod_charset_lite
> in this situation... I can't figure out how to put this working together.
>
> I believe that can be a order in output filter, but I could not found any
> example.

That would presumably be SetOutputFilter proxy-html;charset-lite
(or whatever the charset-lite filter calls itself).

--
Nick Kew