Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by davout <da...@dsl.pipex.com> on 2001/12/24 14:21:58 UTC

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

I'm getting the error shown below whenever I try to access a registered SOAP
service. Using the SOAP admin GUI I've checked to see that the method exists
(it does). What else could be going wrong?

The targeted method happens to be the second in a list of methods
implemented by this service. It has two integer parameters. I've
successfully tested the first method in the list, so I know that basic
connections to the service are working.

			---oOo---

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method
getNamespaceURI()Ljava/lang/String; not found 	at
_0002fmozu_00033_00030_00030_00033_00030_00030_00030_0002ejspmozu3003000_jsp
_1._jspService(_0002fmozu_00033_00030_00030_00033_00030_00030_00030_0002ejsp
mozu3003000_jsp_1.java:45) 	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119) 	at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) 	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:177) 	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:318) 	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:391) 	at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) 	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404) 	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:286) 	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372) 	at
7) 	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743) 	at
onnectionHandler.java:210) 	at
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

			---oOo---

RE: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.

The key point is that it is looking for a namespace related method.
Your JVM is finding an XML parser that does NOT support namespaces,
ie an old parser. Note that no matter what you do with classpath,
it is possible for an old parser to be picked up from the standard
extensions directory. Read the findingclasses.html file in the
tooldocs section of your JDK docs to find out why.

When this happened to me it turned out to be an old JAXP jaxp.jar
and parser.jar in the Java-home/jre/lib/ext directory.

WBB

RE: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.