Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Haydn Huang <ha...@dotsino.com> on 2000/10/12 11:04:55 UTC

submit the mirror site in China

Dear webmaster,

Sorry to bother you, I can't receive the reply from mirror-submit@apache.org , I have affixed the error message report from your mail server to this mail . I hope you can  forward the mail below to the right person.
 with much thanks!

below is my mirror-submit letter sent to the email address:  mirror-submit@apache.org

            enabled server-side includes;
            set the configuration documentIndex.html

    More over, under the precondition that you agree , we would like translate the contents of the mirror site into Chinese language,  so that more Chinese people can benefit from your software products , and have their questions and ideas discussed.

Timeliness:
We started to mirror the site at 4:35 PM 9/24/2000, and we will runs wget to upgrade the contents as a CRON job at 4:00 pm twice a week since now.

We have used GNU wget 1.5.3, a non-interactive network retriever, to mirror your site.
This program can :
downloads only the new/modified files
removes all files that no longer exist on the primary server.

What we have mirrored: the complete site
Apache web site: www.apache.org  's mirror  (including the "dist" subdirectory) under the domain www.apache.org.cn

Location of the mirror:  Beijing /China

with Much thanks and Best wish

sincerely yours ,
Haydn Huang

Beijing Orient Rich Technology Co., Ltd.
Address:         Room 1516,
Peking University Resource Hotel,
No.1, Road Yiheyuan,
 District Haidian,
 Beijing, China
Phone:  086 010 62750862
Email:haydn@dotsino.com
http://www.orientrich.com

Brief Introduction of us
    Our company is dedicated to the spreading and promotion of free software in China. And we also join the development of the free software projects through international cooperation. We have strong belief in the spirit of Free Software Movement. We not only follow the rule of Free software society, but also devote ourselves to the development of Free Software Movement in China. We provide our customers the best network solutions based on free software and professional technical support services, and have achieved close ties with a great number of free software amateurs in our country.
*********************************

Re: submit the mirror site in China

Posted by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:

> ABH> [...]
> ABH> > Timeliness:
> ABH> > We started to mirror the site at 4:35 PM 9/24/2000, and we will
> ABH> > runs wget to upgrade the contents as a CRON job at 4:00 pm twice a
> ABH> > week since now.
> ABH>
> ABH> don't do that. Please use rsync to mirror instead of wget.
>
> I'm afraid they could be bound to firewall rules opening only port 80...

Hmn. It's a really poor thing to do anyway ... :-/

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>
more than 70M impressions per day, <http://valueclick.com>

Re: submit the mirror site in China

Posted by Dmitry Morozovsky <ma...@rinet.ru>.
On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Ask Bjoern Hansen wrote:

ABH> [...]
ABH> > Timeliness:
ABH> > We started to mirror the site at 4:35 PM 9/24/2000, and we will
ABH> > runs wget to upgrade the contents as a CRON job at 4:00 pm twice a
ABH> > week since now.
ABH>
ABH> don't do that. Please use rsync to mirror instead of wget.

I'm afraid they could be bound to firewall rules opening only port 80...

Sincerely,
D.Marck                                   [DM5020, DM268-RIPE, DM3-RIPN]
*** Dmitry Morozovsky --- D.Marck --- Wild Woozle --- marck@rinet.ru ***

Re: submit the mirror site in China

Posted by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@apache.org>.

[...]