Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Mark Hale <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/21 07:52:03 UTC

Re: RemoteDelivery Problem

David, et al.

I've really tried with no avail to get outbound messages to send.  I
tried a corporate email (interwoven.com) to take gmail and yahoo out
of the equation.  For all outbound mail, I still get a temporary
exception as follows.  All retries give the same exception.  I am able
to telnet to the port returned for the mx record (eg telnet
208.65.145.13 25) so that I know my fireway or ISP is not blocking.

==> mailet-2008-08-20-21-08.log <==
20/08/08 21:30:47 INFO  James.Mailet: RemoteDelivery: Attempting
delivery of Mail1219293046382-2-to-interwoven.com to host
interwoven.com.inbound15.mxlogicmx.net. at 208.65.145.13 for addresses
[mark.hale@interwoven.com]
20/08/08 21:30:47 INFO  James.Mailet: RemoteDelivery: Exception
delivering message (Mail1219293046382-2-to-interwoven.com) - smtp
20/08/08 21:30:47 INFO  James.Mailet: RemoteDelivery: Temporary
exception delivering mail (Mail1219293046382-2-to-interwoven.com:
20/08/08 21:30:47 INFO  James.Mailet: RemoteDelivery: Storing message
Mail1219293046382-2-to-interwoven.com into outgoing after 0 retries

Would anyone have an idea on what to try next?  I am really stumped.

Thanks so much.

     Mark

Re: Issues Forwarding Mail

Posted by Rex Posadas <re...@kalexo.com>.
Hi Folks,

Any ideas on this one?  Or is my issue with forwarding non-James related?

Any clues would help. Thanks again,

- Rex

Issues Forwarding Mail

Re: RemoteDelivery Problem

Posted by Mark Hale <ma...@gmail.com>.
Well, you are clearly a much wiser person.  I added the debug to my
config under RemoteDelivery.  The debug statements followed and it
quickly brought me to the fact that I had mail.jar in my
james/SAR-INF/lib that I used when compiling my custom mailets that
conflicted.  I removed it and all is working.

Thank you so much!

Mark

Re: RemoteDelivery Problem

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Re: RemoteDelivery Problem

Posted by Mark Hale <ma...@gmail.com>.
Stefano.

Re: RemoteDelivery Problem

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Mark Hale ha scritto:
> Stefano,
>
> That is a problem I wrote about earlier.  I enabled debug for
> everything as shown below and I still get INFO messages for the
> RemoteDelivery mailet.  I would love more information to go on.  Is
> there a  problem with how I defined it below?  ( I extracted just this
> piece of environment.xml.)

Have you restarted james?

Re: RemoteDelivery Problem

Posted by Mark Hale <ma...@gmail.com>.