Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net> on 2011/04/08 13:17:09 UTC

Per module LogLevel parsing

Hi,

the new per module LogLevel syntax is documented as

  LogLevel modulename:level ...

where level is a certain value out of a predefined set. The string
"modulename:level" is then parsed in core.c/set_loglevel by:

  level_str = ap_strchr(arg, ':');

This finds the first occurrence of a colon in the string. But shouldn't it
rather be the last one?

  level_str = ap_strrchr(arg, ':');

The point is, if a module is written in Perl its name can very well contain
colons.

Is it too late to request this change? Should I create a bug report? (It's
actually not a bug as such.)

Thanks,
Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net

Re: Per module LogLevel parsing

Posted by Stefan Fritsch <sf...@sfritsch.de>.
On Friday 08 April 2011, Torsten Förtsch wrote:
> Is it too late to request this change? Should I create a bug
> report? (It's  actually not a bug as such.)

A reasonable request. Committed as r1090369. Thanks