Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by David O'Hara <Da...@extendedsystems.com> on 2005/03/24 15:19:35 UTC

svnserve on Windows XP

I have not used Subversion before and am having some basic trouble
getting svnserve to work on a Windows XP desktop that will be available
to other users.

For example: on the server, I enter "svnserve -d" (I've also tried
"svnserve -d -r h:\Subversion" and svnserve -d -r
\\omega\build\Subversion")
I cannot connect to Subversion from other machines with "svn list
svn://" followed by every combination I could think of.

Am I doing something simple incorrectly?

Thank you.
David

Re: svnserve on Windows XP

Posted by oleksa borodie <ol...@gmail.com>.
> I have not used Subversion before and am having some basic trouble getting
> svnserve to work on a Windows XP desktop that will be available to other
> users.

 Turn off Windows Firewall.

> For example: on the server, I enter "svnserve –d" (I've also tried "svnserve
> –d –r h:\Subversion" and svnserve –d –r \\omega\build\Subversion")

 Do you create repository with svnadmin create ?

> I cannot connect to Subversion from other machines with "svn list svn://"
> followed by every combination I could think of.

 What error text is?

Good luck.