Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com> on 2005/10/04 04:40:15 UTC

[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.27 RC

A release candidate for Apache-Test 1.27 is now available.

   http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/at/Apache-Test-1.27-dev.tar.gz

Please take the time to exercise the candidate through all your existing
applications that use Apache-Test and report back successes or failures.

Changes since 1.26:

Prevent the config file from being overwritten
on platforms such as WIN32 under certain conditions.
[Randy Kobes]

make sure that the TESTS Makefile.PL parameter is properly
recognized ["Christopher H. Laco" <apache-test chrislaco.com>]

Add the output of ldd(unix/cygwin) and otool -L (darwin)
for httpd to the mp2bug report script.
[Philip M. Gollucci]

fall back on using httpd-defined HTTPD_ROOT as the base for
httpd.conf if all other options fail.  [Geoffrey Young]

--
END
                 Nothing is impossible.

Consultant / http://p6m7g8.net/Resume/
   http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com
        http://www.liquidation.com
        http://www.uksurplus.com
        http://www.govliquidation.com
        http://www.gowholesale.com

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.27 RC2

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> A release candidate for Apache-Test 1.27 is now available.
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/at/Apache-Test-1.27-RC2.tar.gz

looks good.  +1

--Geoff

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.27 RC2

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> A release candidate for Apache-Test 1.27 is now available.
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/at/Apache-Test-1.27-RC2.tar.gz
>
> Please take the time to exercise the candidate through all your existing
> applications that use Apache-Test and report back successes or failures.

Builds and tests fine on
- linux: Apache/2.0.54 (prefork)
- win32: Apache/2.0.54 (winnt)

--
best regards,
randy

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.27 RC2

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com> writes:
>

>>A release candidate for Apache-Test 1.27 is now available.
>>
>>   http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/at/Apache-Test-1.27-RC2.tar.gz
>

> +1, tested on debian-amd64.
Well, thats 3.  Unless there are objects, I'll roll the release Tuesday or
Thursday night (EST).

Thanks all.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> A release candidate for Apache-Test 1.27 is now available.
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/at/Apache-Test-1.27-RC2.tar.gz
+1
FreeBSD 7.0-current
perl 5.8.7 w/o ithreads
httpd 2.0.55 apr not threaded

Again, I've got a +1 from Randy.  Two more and I'll release this week

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Posted by "Christopher H. Laco" <cl...@chrislaco.com>.
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> A release candidate for Apache-Test 1.27 is now available.
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/at/Apache-Test-1.27-RC2.tar.gz
>
> Please take the time to exercise the candidate through all your existing
> applications that use Apache-Test and report back successes or failures.
>
> This candidate contains the following fixes found from RC1:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=293485&view=rev
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=314992&view=rev
>

> Changes since 1.26:
> localize ScriptSock directive to always point to t/logs/cgisock
> regardless of inherited and custom mod_cgid settings
> [Geoffrey Young]
>
> Prevent the config file from being overwritten
> on platforms such as WIN32 under certain conditions.
> [Randy Kobes]
>
> make sure that the TESTS Makefile.PL parameter is properly
> recognized ["Christopher H. Laco" <apache-test chrislaco.com>]
>
> Add the output of ldd(unix/cygwin) and otool -L (darwin)
> for httpd to the mp2bug report script.
> [Philip M. Gollucci]
>
> fall back on using httpd-defined HTTPD_ROOT as the base for
> httpd.conf if all other options fail.  [Geoffrey Young]

All tests pass on Ubuntu 5.04 with 2.0.54 prefork and Apache 1.3.33,
Perl 5.8.4.

All tests pass on FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE, Apache 2.0.54 prefork, Perl 5.8.4.

All tests pass on Windows XP, Apache 1.3.33, and Perls 5.8.6 and 5.6.1.

-=Chris

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.27 RC2

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

Posted by "Christopher H. Laco" <cl...@chrislaco.com>.

Posted by "Christopher H. Laco" <cl...@chrislaco.com>.

Posted by "Christopher H. Laco" <cl...@chrislaco.com>.

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> I've noticed we include the RELEASE file in the release tarball.  I
> don't believe mod_perl or apreq do.  Is this intentional ?
Appologies, this was not correct.  Too many directories of this thing.

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>
>> A release candidate for Apache-Test 1.27 is now available.
>>
>>   http://people.apache.org/~pgollucci/at/Apache-Test-1.27-dev.tar.gz
>
> I've noticed we include the RELEASE file in the release tarball.  I
> don't believe mod_perl or apreq do.  Is this intentional ?

we do?  it's not in the MANIFEST or the download at the above address...

--Geoff

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.27 RC

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.