Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Brandon Richins <Br...@imail.org> on 2010/06/03 19:28:39 UTC

Commercial support options for CXF

What vendors offer commercial support for CXF and/or are commercial backers of CXF.  I know some Apache projects include employers on the contributor pages, but I didn't find any indication.  I know Progress/Fuse offers support.  What other vendors offer CXF support?  What about Sopera?

Thanks,

Brandon

Re: Commercial support options for CXF

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
Hi Brandon,

After a couple of client trainings and projects using CXF, and several
articles on WS-Security and related features of CXF, my company is now
providing commercial support for CXF. I'll be updating the web site soon
to include CXF training specifics for anyone interested.

I know you're already aware of this, but figured I'd respond anyway for
the sake of the email archives. :-)

  - Dennis

Dennis M. Sosnoski
XML and Web Services in Java
Training and Consulting

Posted by Mariusz Brylant <mb...@gmail.com>.
Another option is Mule, which bundles CXF.

/Mariusz

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Saturday 05 June 2010 4:00:43 pm Christian Schneider wrote:
> I have added a Support page on the wiki but not yet linked it. Can you
> do a review and add it to the navigation. I propose to add it to the
> users section.
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Support

This looks great.  Thanks for tackling that.

Longer term, the "Commercial Support" section could be broken up into a couple
categories like "Production Support", "Training", "Consulting", etc...  to
help distinguish the offerings from the various companies if it gets too big,
but for now, it's perfect.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Commercial support options for CXF

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

--
----
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: Commercial support options for CXF

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Commercial support options for CXF

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Dan,

--
----
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: Commercial support options for CXF

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Friday 04 June 2010 8:45:13 pm Daniel Kulp wrote:
> Now that I'm working for Sopera, Sopera is definitely investigating various
> options for providing commercial support for CXF.   It's not finalized yet
> and I don't really know any of the gritty details, but it might be worth
> contacting Sopera  to discuss your needs and requirements.  Unfortunately,
> since I'm new there, I don't know anyone in the sales/support areas yet so
> I don't know who to point you to.   I've sent off a quick inquiry, but
> since they are mostly Germany based, I don't expect anything back tonight,
> and likely not till Monday.   In anycase, once I get some contact details,
> I'll let you know.

Just to follow up on this since I promised to....

For now, the person to contact would be:
Edith Molitor <ed...@sopera.de>

That should work while we get more official things setup and such.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org