Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Warwick Burrows <wa...@e2open.com> on 2004/10/13 00:09:18 UTC

Japanese language support in Slide/Webfolders?

Fellow Slide-rs,

If there is anyone on the list who has had experience getting another
character set (eg. japanese, german, chinese) working with Slide and
Webfolders then I was hoping that you might be able to share with us some
insight on the problems you met and workarounds you had to apply to get it
working. I'm getting to the stage where I will need to take Japanese
language support into consideration and any help on the limitations of
either Slide or Webfolders ,and the configuration required for Slide, would
be invaluable. I'm using Slide with Tomcat 4.1.30.

Thanks,
Warwick

Re: Japanese language support in Slide/Webfolders?

Posted by Jacob Lund <jl...@qualiware.net>.
I am using slide with Danish characters in an UTF-8 setup!

With respect to WebFolders then have a look at:
http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/webfolder-client-list.html
I have a windows XP with office 2003  and most of the problems seems to be
solved.

With tomcat 4.1 I had to use the coyoteconnector and add
useURIValidationHack="false".

With a store supporting utf-8 I am now able to use my special Danish
characters in filenames.

A small note though - I have not tested with TC4.1 lately.

/jacob

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@zeigermann.de>.
Great :)

Oliver