Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@qosina.com> on 1997/07/24 23:34:26 UTC

cvs problems

All of a sudden I can't get into cvs anymore...

# cvs update
Enter passphrase for RSA key 'awm@forcep':
cvs server: Updating .
cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository `/export/home/cvs/.': Permission denied
cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/export/home/cvs/.'
cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

Anyone have a clue?

<Aram>
--

  What is comedy?  Comedy is the art of making people laugh without making
  them puke.

Aram Mirzadeh				     Apache httpd team member
awm@qosina.com				     awm@apache.org
http://www.qosina.com/~awm/		     http://www.apache.org
	    PGP Key http://www.qosina.com/~awm/pgpkey.html
           BE 49 9D F6 2A A7 22 FC  02 E9 1E 3D F7 0C 67 A0

Re: cvs problems

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Aram Mirzadeh wrote:

> All of a sudden I can't get into cvs anymore...

How all of a sudden?  Like... two months?

> # cvs update
> Enter passphrase for RSA key 'awm@forcep':
> cvs server: Updating .
> cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository `/export/home/cvs/.': Permission denied
> cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/export/home/cvs/.'
> cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

For some reason you have something other than modules checked out.  You
don't have write permission in /export/home/cvs because cvs sucks.  It
should only be trying in modules directories...