Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Roee T <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/31 09:13:20 UTC

Model type does not exist MultipleAdditiveTreesModel

Hi all,
I'm trying to upload the most simple model to solr 7.3.1 and i get an error:

the model:

{
   "class" : "org.apache.solr.ltr.model.MultipleAdditiveTreesModel",
   "name" : "my",
   "features":[],
   "params" : {
       "trees" : [
           {
               "weight" : 1,
               "root" : {
                   "value" : -10
               }} ]}}

The error:
  "error":{
    "metadata":[
      "error-class","org.apache.solr.common.SolrException",
      "root-error-class","java.lang.IllegalArgumentException"],
    "msg":"org.apache.solr.ltr.model.ModelException: Model type does not
exist org.apache.solr.ltr.model.MultipleAdditiveTreesModel",
    "code":400}}

I inserted the configurations to solrconfig.xml like
  <lib dir="${solr.install.dir:../../../..}/contrib/langid/lib/"
regex=".*\.jar" />
and started solr using   -Dsolr.ltr.enabled=true

please help me
Thanks you all ;)

Re: Model type does not exist MultipleAdditiveTreesModel

Posted by Kamuela Lau <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roee,

I think that in addition to the fact that the feature param is blank in the
model JSON, you should also make sure that the features you put in the JSON
have been added to the feature-store.
This generic error also occurs when the features haven't been added to the
feature store.

In addition, for Multiple Additive Trees Model, you should also make sure
you have quotes around the values, as shown here:
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/7_3_1/solr-ltr/org/apache/solr/ltr/model/MultipleAdditiveTreesModel.html

If you do not add quotes, the same 'Model type does not exist' error will
occur.

Hope this helps!

Posted by Kamal Kishore Aggarwal <kk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roee,