Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Douglas Service <ds...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/03 23:45:16 UTC

[REEF-1624] Convert C# projects to use common proto files in lang/common/proto

Here is a diff of the proto files replicated on both the java and C# sides
(Java on the left C# on the right).

Each side has a different extra message and there is some namespace
capitalization differences.

My inclination is to use the merged super set on both sides with lower case
namespaces.

Questions:

In addition, protoc does not run as part of the build on the C# side as the
output is checked into the tree. Thus, as the probuf-net package evolves we
do not know if our proto files will still compile. I looked at the history
and only see one check in for the C# proto files. Do we want to start
running protoc as part of the build and automate edits if needed?

Comments or thoughts?

dougse@reefdevlx:/code/reef$ diff -w
/code/reef/lang/common/proto/client_runtime.proto
/code/reef/lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Common/Protobuf/Proto/
client_runtime.proto
1c1
< /*
---
> /**
19d18
<
28a28,43
> message JobSubmissionProto {
>  required string identifier     = 1; // the job identifier
>  required string remote_id      = 2; // the remote identifier
>  required string configuration  = 5; // the runtime configuration
>  required string user_name      = 6; // the user name
>

> option java_package = "com.Org.Apache.REEF.proto";
36,37d34
<     // Field 1 removed
<
38a36
>   optional SIZE   driver_size    = 7;
>   optional int32  driver_memory  = 8;
>   optional int32  priority       = 9;
>   optional string queue          = 10;
>
>  repeated FileResourceProto global_file = 11; // files that should be
placed on the driver and all subsequent evaluators
>  repeated FileResourceProto local_File  = 12; // files that should be
placed on the driver only

> }

dougse@reefdevlx:/code/reef$ diff -w
/code/reef/lang/common/proto/evaluator_runtime.proto
/code/reef/lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Common/Protobuf/Proto/
evaluator_runtime.proto
1c1

> option java_package = "com.Org.Apache.REEF.proto";
36,37d34
<     // Field 1 removed
<
38a36
< /*
---
> /**

> option java_package = "com.Org.Apache.REEF.proto";
36,37d34
<     // Field 1 removed
<
38a36
19d18
<
27,30d25
< // ACK the done message from the evaluator
< message DoneEvaluatorProto {

> option java_package = "com.Org.Apache.REEF.proto";
36,37d34
<     // Field 1 removed
<
38a36

> option java_package = "com.Org.Apache.REEF.proto";
36,37d34
<     // Field 1 removed
<
38a36
< }
<
96,97d90
<     optional StopEvaluatorProto stop_evaluator = 5;
<     optional DoneEvaluatorProto done_evaluator = 6;

dougse@reefdevlx:/code/reef$ diff -w
/code/reef/lang/common/proto/reef_service_protos.proto
/code/reef/lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Common/Protobuf/Proto/
reef_service_protos.proto
1c1
< /*
---
> /**
19,20c19
<
< option java_package = "org.apache.reef.proto";

> option java_package = "com.Org.Apache.REEF.proto";
36,37d34
<     // Field 1 removed
<
38a36
---
> option java_package = "org.apache.reef.reef.proto";
36a36,60
> enum FileType {

> option java_package = "com.Org.Apache.REEF.proto";
36,37d34
<     // Field 1 removed
<
38a36
>     PLAIN = 0;
>     LIB = 1;
>     ARCHIVE = 2;
> }
>
> // Removed in REEF 0.3 in favor of explicit memory sizes.
> // enum SIZE {
> //    SMALL = 0;
> //    MEDIUM = 1;
> //    LARGE = 2;
> //    XLARGE = 3;
> //}
>
> enum ProcessType {

> option java_package = "com.Org.Apache.REEF.proto";
36,37d34
<     // Field 1 removed
<
38a36
>     JVM = 0;

> option java_package = "com.Org.Apache.REEF.proto";
36,37d34
<     // Field 1 removed
<
38a36
>     CLR = 1;It turns
> }
>
> message FileResourceProto {
>     required FileType type = 1;
>     required string name = 2;
>     required string path = 3;
> }

dougse@reefdevlx:/code/reef$ diff -w
/code/reef/lang/common/proto/reef_protocol.proto
/code/reef/lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Common/Protobuf/Proto/
reef_protocol.proto
1c1
< /*
---
> /**
19d18
<
27c26
< option java_package = "org.apache.reef.proto";
---
> option java_package = "com.Org.Apache.REEF.proto";
36,37d34
<     // Field 1 removed
<
38a36
>     optional JobSubmissionProto jobSubmission = 1;

dougse@reefdevlx:/code/reef$ diff -w
/code/reef/lang/common/proto/RemoteProtocol.proto
/code/reef/lang/cs/Org.Apache.REEF.Wake/Remote/Proto/RemoteProtocol.proto
1,18c1,17

26a26,27
dougse@reefdevlx:/code/reef$