Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com> on 2015/08/20 06:39:54 UTC

[DISCUSS] 1.6.0 release

Hello fellow developers,

Now that we have added a few features and worked on many bug fixes, how
about we make the release 1.6.0 ? How about lets make a release some time
early next month?

New features:
- Sqoop 2 integration
- Import /export of policies
- Credential Provider for passwords
- Audit log support for sentry solr handlers

Bug fixes: 50 isssues
Other: 31 issues

There are 51 open bugs right now, would be great to get as many of these
fixed in the upcoming release.

Thanks!
--
Sravya Tirukkovalur

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.6.0 release

Posted by Sravya Tirukkovalur <sr...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks all for your response, looks like we have an agreement here.

Thanks Dapeng for volunteering to be the release manager and thanks Guoquan
for volunteering to mentor the release process! Appreciate it!

@Dapeng, you may want to suggest a date for cutting the branch and making
the release. Please be sure to go over how to release pages of sentry and
incubator:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SENTRY/How+to+Release
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

And please do not hesitate to ask questions if you have any.

Regards,

--
Sravya Tirukkovalur

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.6.0 release

Posted by Prasad Mujumdar <p3...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.6.0 release

Posted by Lenni Kuff <ls...@cloudera.com>.
+1 on a new release.

Thanks,
Lenni

RE: [DISCUSS] 1.6.0 release

Posted by "Shen, Guoquan" <gu...@intel.com>.
Thanks Dapeng for taking over the release work. I was the release manager of 1.5.0 version. I can help you to finish this release work.

Regards
Guoquan

RE: [DISCUSS] 1.6.0 release

Posted by Anne Yu <an...@cloudera.com>.