Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by jgunvaldson <jg...@cox.net> on 2021/02/02 00:39:18 UTC

Monitoring NiFi Root Level Controller Services

Hi All,

Root level (canvas) Controller Services - We tend to setup several Root level Controller services for developers that are typically DBCPConnectionPools and DistributedMapCacheClientService and maybe a few other. MOST importantly, these controller services cannot be down and cannot be disabled - must remain Enabled at all times.

We have now had a few outages where upon examination a Controller Service has encountered “something” that caused it to be Disabled or Down.

Is there a standard practice we can use to “Monitor” the controller services and ensure we get alerted if any one of them goes into a Disable state?

What do folks generally think is a good monitoring practice?

We are on

HDF Version 3.4.1.1.

Powered by Apache NiFi Version 1.9.0
1.9.0.3.4.1.1-4 built 05/01/2019 02:15:30 UTC
Tagged nifi-1.9.0-RC2
From 7410fa4 on branch UNKNOWN

Re: Monitoring NiFi Root Level Controller Services

Posted by jgunvaldson <jg...@cox.net>.
Hi Daniel,

And yes I am “John” (Joe was correct) - I have some experience with Nipyapi and yes, will probably be using it - I was wondering about a 3rd party (not DataDog) monitoring service (designed) for working with NiFi as recommendations from the group, but certainly - writing our own monitors to use API is probably what we will do

Best Regards
John

Posted by Daniel Chaffelson <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jgunvaldson <jg...@cox.net>.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
also sorry for referencing you as 'John' - not sure why I just assumed that
:)

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
John,