Posted to xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org> on 2003/07/31 03:02:54 UTC

catchy phrases

Hello, xmlbeans folks!

Well, I'd like to introduce xmlbeans to the jakarta
folks via the top page of the jakarta website.
http://jakarta.apache.org/
(This is *not* related to the jakarta PMC etc etc)

Could you please give me some nice catchy phrases
in 2 lines or around? ..
I'll rewrite the jakarta-site top, soon.

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

Re: catchy phrases

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:26:47 -0700
"Cliff Schmidt" <cl...@bea.com> wrote:

> > Please abbriviate it and re-post, please :)
> Sure:
> XMLBeans is an XML Schema-based, XML-Java binding tool with cursor-based access
> to the full XML Infoset integrated with convenient, strongly typed Java classes.

Ahh... *a bit* short :-)

You omitted the two important keywords which catch XML minded guys'
hearts from the blurb ... *DOM* and *SAX* :-)

So, I re-created and uploaded to jakarta-site
http://jakarta.apache.org/
to make it more google-friendly ;-)

... please cross check.

> > By the way, when
> > http://xml.apache.org/xmlbeans/
> > works on?
> > How about preparing (not detailed) brief index.html page?
> > (This blurb above, and description of how to subscribe to each mailing
> > lists)
> > It can be directly uploaded to daedalus
> > (/www/xml.apache.org/xmlbeans/)
> I'll do that now.  Thanks for helping me along with this.

Anticipating.

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

Re: catchy phrases

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

Re: catchy phrases

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:07:10 -0700
(Subject: RE: catchy phrases)
"Cliff Schmidt" <cl...@bea.com> wrote:

> Tetsuya,
>
> How about:
>
> XMLBeans is an XML-Java binding tool that uses XML Schema as a
> basis for generating Java classes to be used to easily access XML
> instance data. It was designed to provide both easy access to XML
> information via convenient Java classes as well as complete access
> to the underlying XML, combining the best of low-level, full
> access APIs like SAX and DOM with the convenience of Java binding.
>
> If this is too long I can try to abbreviate it.
>
> Thanks for the offer!

Thank you, Cliff.  ... It's a bit long ;-) (6 lines)

Anyway, I've put your *nice blurb* to
http://jakarta.apache.org/
and it will be shown up in a few hours.

Re: catchy phrases