Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> on 2016/11/21 15:46:19 UTC

Some reviews please

I have been pushing hard to get some of the last code moved over to java.
I currently have a pull request up for nimbus https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/1744
and another one based off of the nimbus pull request to move LocalCluster and a lot of the other testing helper classes to java. https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/1786
I realize that this is kind of daunting. In aggregate it is over 8,000 lines added and about 6,500 lines deleted.  But any help people can give with reviews would really be appreciated.
After these go in what is left is the ui, logviewer, a tiny amount in DRPC, and the IsolationScheduler (which has a pull request up) for the main daemons and then several tests.
Thanks,
Bobby

Re: Some reviews please

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
I appreciate it.  I know it is a lot of code to go though.  If others are planning to take a look, even a small one, please let me know.  I really do want to get this merged in, because constantly updating it will be a pain, but I also want to give everyone who wants one a chance to find mistakes that I have made.  I don't think that it is possible for me to have written that many lines of code with no uncaught mistakes in it, even with someone like Taylor reading through all of it.

- Bobby

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 2:44:22 PM CST, P. Taylor Goetz <pt...@gmail.com> wrote:I got one review done (Nimbus). Second one will likely have to wait until after the holiday as I will be out.

Nice work and thanks for pushing this forward.

-Taylor

Re: Some reviews please

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.

Re: Some reviews please

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Forgot to mention too that if you need reviews please let me know.  I am trying to spend more time on storm, even if it is in my spare time.
- Bobby

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 8:36:13 AM CST, Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> wrote:Everyone has their own priorities and I understand if you don't have time to get to it all.
- Bobby

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016, 3:50:50 AM CST, Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:Amazing works Bobby. I really appreciate your devotion on porting works.
I tried to dive into reviewing Nimbus port but changeset is a bit huge so
can't even start. I'll see I can spend some time to retry.

Btw, personally, I'd like to focus on releasing 1.1.0 for now and revisit
others after (smaller things can be done before). There's an open issue (
STORM-2176 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-2176>) which
doesn't have a patch, so I'll take a look at it first.

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

2016년 11월 22일 (화) 오전 12:46, Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.invalid>님이 작성:

Re: Some reviews please