Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mark Ayad <ma...@javamark.com> on 2002/11/04 10:03:48 UTC

Populating a Form from the Model before view

Hello,

Could someone point out the process in Struts in which a Form is poulated form the model before being viewed.

Most of the examples for Struts assume the Form is origianlly populated from the view. I looking for the **reverse solution**. The sort of workflow for editing data ?

Best Regards

Mark

Re: Populating a Form from the Model before view

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Mark Ayad wrote:

> Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 10:03:48 +0100
> From: Mark Ayad <ma...@javamark.com>
> To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Populating a Form from the Model before view
>
> Hello,
>
> Could someone point out the process in Struts in which a Form is
> poulated form the model before being viewed.
>
> Most of the examples for Struts assume the Form is origianlly populated
> from the view. I looking for the **reverse solution**. The sort of
> workflow for editing data ?

The Struts example app includes a use case like this, because it lets you
either create new database info or edit existing database info.  In the
latter case, the pre-population is done with a separate Action than the
database update.

> Best Regards
>
> Mark

Craig