Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com.INVALID> on 2017/11/02 10:46:35 UTC

Account notifications for snapshot job failures and other

Hello,

I have recently had a case for one of the cloudstack domains where they have ran out of secondary storage quota and were not notified of this. In addition, the more serious issue is that their snapshot schedules were failing without them knowing about it. As the cloudstack admin, I have also not been notified of both issues, even though I do receive notifications of host server failures, etc. from cloudstack.

My question is that how do I enable notifications of serious failures, such as snapshot failures or quota overruns? This is a serious issue as one can imagine - a client is thinking that their snapshots are being executed just to find out that they were not at the time when the data has to be recovered.

Thanks
Andrei