Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Bailey, David" <Da...@pearson.com> on 2005/08/16 18:27:32 UTC

Pattern matching the value of a property

I have a wrapper which expects to receive a version string
(\d{1}\.\d{1}\.\d{1-2}), and pass it to Ant as a -DPROPERTY=VALUE pair.  I
want to perform validation on the version string to insure that it actually
matches the specified pattern.

So far as I am aware, I can't do this validation in the wrapper (I'm bound
by a Windows .bat file), but I believe I can do it in Ant.  However, all of
the documentation I've read only concerns pattern matching in either file
names or file contents.  Is there a task in the Ant canon, either the 'core'
tasks or the 'optional' tasks, which will do this for me?

For that matter, if anyone out there is a whiz at .bat files and can explain
to me how to do the validation there, I'll be happy with that, too.

Thanks,
--dave

If you were not an intended recipient,