Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Peter Dawn <pe...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/12 01:15:41 UTC

Export/Import files

guys,

i am trying to implement import and export of files within my web app.
basically the user selects (checkbox ticks) what files they want to
export and press submit, and then i perform the export and import of
files.

i have got the import/export working for one file. i mean when the
user only selects one file, i am able to successfully process it. so
just presume that the functionality is implemented.

but now my problem is this, when the user selects 5 files. how should
i process them. i mean my method needs a input file and output file
location. for one file, its easy to get the information and process
it. but with a number of files i will have that many input and output
file locations. so my question is how should i process this
information. i mean how can i store this information and pass it to my
method, so that it performs the operation on all file locations one by
one (like in a for loop).

any ideas. thanks.