Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vu...@emc.com on 2006/02/01 21:44:28 UTC

why does not tomcat replace the missing files in the ROOT after a restart.

Hi All,

I have a small question. Please excuse me if this is a trivial question.

I have a case where in I have some files missing in the ROOT folder.

I wanted to know why Tomcat does not replace the missing files in the ROOT
folder after I place a new ROOT.war in the webapps and restart the Tomcat.

Here I am not deleting the ROOT folder.

Is there any way to configure the same..?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Shashidhar V

Re: why does not tomcat replace the missing files in the ROOT after a restart.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Vutukuru_Shashidhar@emc.com wrote:

> I have a case where in I have some files missing in the ROOT folder.
> I wanted to know why Tomcat does not replace the missing files in the ROOT
> folder after I place a new ROOT.war in the webapps and restart the Tomcat.
> Here I am not deleting the ROOT folder.
As per the docs:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/host.html#Automatic%20Application%20Deployment
<quote>
Any web application archive file within the application base (appBase)
directory that does not have a corresponding directory of the same
name (without the ".war" extension) will be automatically expanded,
unless the unpackWARs property is set to false. If you redeploy an
updated WAR file, be sure to delete the expanded directory when
restarting Tomcat, so that the updated WAR file will be re-expanded
(note that the auto deployer will automatically take care of this if
it is enabled).
</quote>