Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mat Schaffer <sc...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/04 21:40:52 UTC

JRuby or Groovy?

This is just off the cuff, so feel free to RTFM me.  After a cursory
googling I didn't see much about using JRuby or Groovy in a jMeter
test rather than bean shell.  I did find a mention on the groovy list
about 6 months ago, but it didn't appear to get much attention
(http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.groovy.user/1553).

Has anyone proposed or worked on this yet?
-Mat

Re: JRuby or Groovy?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
JMeter supports both BeanShell (directly) and BSF.

As far as I know, Groovy is BSF-compatible; not sure about JRuby.

So it should be possible to use at least Groovy with the existing BSF sampler.

Note that the BSF sampler has not been tested in earnest, so there may
be some teething problems with it. If you have any problems, let me
know so I can fix it.