Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Boyle Owen <Ow...@swx.com> on 2006/10/24 09:40:06 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Suppressing 403 log entries

AFAIK, the logging in apache is done at a very basic level and is not
switch-off-able (neither should it be - logs are important).

However, it's a bit of a non-problem... if you don't like looking at
403s, filter them out with a perl-script before you open the log file
(from the docs, "...It is often easier to simply post-process the log
files to remove requests that you do not want to consider...").

Alternatively, remember that you can write logs to pipe so you can put a
filter script there that discards 403s or whatever...
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/logs.html#piped)

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Saludos,
> Orlando
>
> Orlando M. Amador
> Technology Lead
> Ortho Biologics LLC
> oamador@obipr.jnj.com
> (787) 854-1800 x2294
>
> Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission may contain
> confidential or legally privileged information that is
> intended only for the individual or entity named in the
> e-mail address. If you are not the intended recipient, you
> are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
> distribution, or reliance upon the contents of this e-mail is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
> transmission in error, please reply to the sender, so that
> Johnson & Johnson can arrange for proper delivery, and then
> please delete the message from your inbox. Thank you.

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's company.