Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Vuk Ercegovac <ve...@us.ibm.com> on 2007/12/06 06:08:08 UTC

Jaql: a JSON query language

IBM Almaden is pleased to announce Jaql, a query language for JSON data.
An introduction to Jaql and a prototype that integrates Jaql with Hadoop's
map/reduce
and HBase is available at http://www.jaql.org.

A more detailed technical description is forthcoming. Jaql is still an
early draft specification,
so beware that it is likely to change over the next few months.

Enjoy!

RE: Jaql: a JSON query language

Posted by Vuk Ercegovac <ve...@us.ibm.com>.
Jaql is free to use and our plan is to further develop it as open source.

             edward yoon
             <webmaster@udanax
             .org>                                                      To
                                       <ha...@lucene.apache.org>
             12/05/2007 09:48                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: Jaql: a JSON query language
             Please respond to
             hadoop-dev@lucene
                .apache.org

wow, thanks vuk.
Is it open source?

------------------------------

B. Regards,

Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.
Home : http://www.udanax.org

> Subject: Jaql: a JSON query language
> To: hadoop-user@lucene.apache.org; hadoop-dev@lucene.apache.org
> CC: kbeyer@us.ibm.com; shekita@almaden.ibm.com
> From: vercego@us.ibm.com
> Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 21:08:08 -0800
>

> IBM Almaden is pleased to announce Jaql, a query language for JSON data.
> An introduction to Jaql and a prototype that integrates Jaql with
Hadoop's
> map/reduce
> and HBase is available at http://www.jaql.org.
>
> A more detailed technical description is forthcoming. Jaql is still an
> early draft specification,
> so beware that it is likely to change over the next few months.
>
> Enjoy!

Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate.  Join in.

RE: Jaql: a JSON query language

Posted by edward yoon <we...@udanax.org>.
wow, thanks vuk.
Is it open source?