Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Sidarth Conjeevaram <si...@salesforce.com> on 2018/12/13 18:32:36 UTC

Availability of holdOnPublishEnabled attribute in Qpid Broker-J 0.32

Hi,

I read about the holdOnPublishEnabled attribute here
https://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-broker-j-master/java-broker/book/Java-Broker-Concepts-Queues.html
and was wondering if that functionality is available in 0.32? If so, how
would we go about specifying that attribute?

Regards,
Sidarth
--

<http://smart.salesforce.com/sig/sidarth.conjeevaram//us_mb/default/link.html>

Re: Availability of holdOnPublishEnabled attribute in Qpid Broker-J 0.32

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sidarth,

The delivery delay functionality was introduced in version 6.0.3 of
Qpid Broker-J [1].
Version 0.32 does not have this functionality. Please, upgrade to 7.0.

Kind Regards,
Alex

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-7255

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 at 00:26, sidarthsc <si...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Could you explain how the logic behind the holdOnPublishEnabled attribute
> works? For example, is there a thread that periodically iterates over all
> messages in queues for which this attribute is enabled and releases, or
> pushes those messages which are eligible for being processed?

It is the responsibility of the virtualhost housekeeper (see
VirtualHostHouseKeepingTask and
org.apache.qpid.server.queue.AbstractQueue#checkMessageStatus).  The
period with which the housekeeper runs is defined by
virtualhost.housekeepingCheckPeriod so a message may remain held of
the queue by virtualhost.housekeepingCheckPeriod ms too long.

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sidarth,
I am sorry you cannot specify 'holdOnPublishEnabled' argument in queue
declare with Qpid Broker-J 7.0.6.
The JIRA QPID-7694 was implemented for version 7.1.0. I am about to
cut 7.1.x branch and start  releasing 7.1.0. (I just need to finish
some REST API compatibility layers)
In mean time, you can try using REST API to declare queue with
holdOnPublishEnabled.

Kind Regards,
Alex

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.