Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Andrew Afliatunov <an...@taom.ru> on 2005/02/15 08:12:41 UTC

Doesn't work with non local accounts

Hello!
I use spamassassin-3.01 in site-wide mode (spamd+spamc) on Linux
Slackware-9.1 mail server.
Everything worked just fine - about 300 spam-letters dayly was filtered.
But then I made system to look up mail-users in ldap database. And
removed accounts from linux system.
Now spamc can't check letters for those users. In procmail.log I see:
--
getpwuid() failed: No such file or directory
procmail: Program failure (71) of "/usr/bin/spamc"

My /etc/procmailrc is:
--
DROPPRIVS=yes
LOGDIR=/var/log

:0fw
* < 200000
| /usr/bin/spamc

:0:

:0
* ^^rom[ ]
{
  LOG="*** Dropped F off From_ header! Fixing up. "

    :0 fhw
    | sed -e '1s/^/F/'
}
Andrew.

Re: Doesn't work with non local accounts

Posted by Andrew Afliatunov <an...@taom.ru>.
Matt Kettler wrote:

>> Do I need to put in /etc/spamassassin/local.cf something like
>> ' user_scores_dsn
>> ldap://host:port/dc=basedn,dc=de?attr?scope?uid=__USERNAME__' or what?
>> And I don't want at all to extend Windows AD  schema (this is our
>> ldap :) with spamassassin attributes.
>> Is there a solution?
>

> Wait.. what do you want ldap for???? If you don't want to store SA
> attributes there, why are you having SA use LDAP at all? It's
> pointless...

IMAP and POP look in ldap for user accounts. Spamc doesn't see theese
users, so maybe it's a problem not of spamassassin, but of procmail,
that deliveres mail to users' boxes and calls spamc. In this case this
is the wrong list to put my question :(...

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 09:38 AM 2/16/2005, Andrew Afliatunov wrote:
>But how spamd will know what ldap server to contact?

Well clearly this has *nothing* to do with the --setuid-with-ldap
parameter. --setuid-with-ldap can't tell SA what ldap server to use.

Note: you still probably want to pass -x and --ldap-config  but you do NOT
want to pass --setuid-with-ldap.

Posted by Andrew Afliatunov <an...@taom.ru>.

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.