Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Malcolm Wong Ho <mw...@dotsux.com> on 2005/05/23 09:51:24 UTC

A dependency with compile scope in pom.xml still adds jar to war lib in m2?

A dependency with compile scope in pom.xml still adds jar to war build lib
in m2, is this supposed to happen? and will it be fixed in next release?

--
Malcolm Wong Ho

May you live in uninteresting times. -- Chinese proverb

Re: A dependency with compile scope in pom.xml still adds jar to war lib in m2?

Posted by Kristian Nordal <kr...@gmail.com>.
On 5/23/05, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please search the archives. It is how they are intended to work.
>
> Please read the documentation about dependencies... since this is a
> FAQ, it obviously is lacking in some area, so I'd like suggestions on
> how to make it clearer.

Hi,
The "Dependency Mechanism" page is good, but the "Project descriptor"
(which I would guess most people look at first) doc is very brief
about dependency scope.

--
Kristian

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.