Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ra...@iflexsolutions.com on 2005/11/22 13:53:42 UTC

Cipher.getInstance("DESede") results in StackOverflowError from an Applet over HTTPS

Hi Folks,

Has anybody faced the following issue ?

Cipher.getInstance("DESede") --> results in StackOverflowError from an
Applet over HTTPS.

I have an Applet which I am loading and calling from a client .jsp (in
IE) and the Web Server is TomCat5.0

The above line of code in the applet results in a StackOverFlow error.

My java.security file has the required entries for SunJCE provider and
Security.getProviders() in side the applet returns the same to me
correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Cheers,

Rakesh.