Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Paul van Bemmelen <be...@wt.tno.nl> on 2000/03/27 12:12:08 UTC

Changes required for IRIX 6.5 using g++ 2.8.1 compiler

I've ported the Xerces-C parser to IRIX 6.5 using g++ 2.8.1 and the
Silicon assembler and linker.

On our Silicon workstations we have the Silicon assembler and
linker/loaders installed, but we do not have a Silicon C++ compiler. I
therefore used the GNU C++ compiler (g++) .

I had three goals:
    - Get samples running
    - Try not to spend too much time on it.
    - Try not to break (nor correct) any Makefile constructs from others

I downloaded the file Xerces-C-src_1_1_0.tar on Thursday 23 March, and
had to change three files to get the samples to run successfully. Link
warnings about "multiply defined weak symbols" were just ignored.

The first attachment contains the three files prior to the changes, the
second attachment contains the three files after changing.

Kind regards,

Paul.

Paul van Bemmelen               |      phone : +31 15 2697431
Crash Safety Centre             |      fax   : +31 15 2624321
TNO Automotive                  |      e-mail: bemmelen@wt.tno.nl
P.O. Box 6033                   | DISCLAIMER: This Statement is not an official
2600 JA  Delft                  | statement from, nor does it represent an
The Netherlands                 | official position of, TNO-Automotive