Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Noel Sebastien (BIL)" <Se...@dexia-bil.com> on 2006/02/09 15:27:52 UTC

Delete task failed to remove French file name

Hi all,
As you know, french language includes some stressed characters like é, à, etc
I have a file called "BD_Modèle.sql" in a "src" folder.

I use Ant 1.6.5 on Unix and the task <delete dir="src"/> fails saying : Unable to delete file /export/home/wasapps/src/BD_Mod?le.sql
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Delete.removeDir(Delete.java:594)
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Delete.removeDir(Delete.java:587)

Could anyone hep me ?

Séb

Re: Delete task failed to remove French file name

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, Noel Sebastien <Se...@dexia-bil.com>
wrote:

> I use Ant 1.6.5 on Unix and the task <delete dir="src"/> fails
> saying : Unable to delete file
> /export/home/wasapps/src/BD_Mod?le.sql at
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Delete.removeDir(Delete.java:594) at
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Delete.removeDir(Delete.java:587)

It's probably an issue with your Java VM.  Ant retrieves the file name
from the OS via File.list() and later tries "new File(...).delete()".
In your case the list call returns a file name that isn't handeled by
the File constructor.

I just tried and don't have any problems with German umlauts in file
names on my Linux or Mac systems.

Stefan

Re: Delete task failed to remove French file name

Posted by ar <ar...@free.fr>.
Hi

What's the encoding specified in your build.xml file ?
If it's UTF-8, you should try with ISO-8859-1

AR