Posted to users@daffodil.apache.org by "Costello, Roger L." <co...@mitre.org> on 2018/12/26 16:34:18 UTC

I think there is a bug in Daffodil with dfdl:documentFinalTerminatorCanBeMissing

Hello DFDL community,

I have this input file:

[cid:image001.png@01D49D0E.EEEBF0D0]

My DFDL schema specifies that each row is terminated by a newline. Clearly the last row is not terminated by a newline, so I used dfdl:documentFinalTerminatorCanBeMissing

<xs:element name="repeating-label-message">
    <xs:complexType>
        <xs:sequence>
            <xs:element name="row" maxOccurs="unbounded" dfdl:terminator="%NL;"
                                dfdl:documentFinalTerminatorCanBeMissing="yes">
                <xs:complexType>
                    <xs:sequence dfdl:separator=":" dfdl:separatorPosition="infix">
                        <xs:element name="label" type="xs:string" />
                        <xs:element name="message" type="xs:string" />
                    </xs:sequence>
                </xs:complexType>
            </xs:element>
        </xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

I expected the DFDL schema to properly parse the above input file, but instead I got this error message:

[warning] Left over data. Consumed 688 bit(s) with at least 184 bit(s) remaining.

I believe that means there is a bug in Daffodil with regard to dfdl:documentFinalTerminatorCanBeMissing. Do you agree?

/Roger

Re: I think there is a bug in Daffodil with dfdl:documentFinalTerminatorCanBeMissing

Posted by "Beckerle, Mike" <mb...@tresys.com>.
Agree. This property with value "yes" is not implemented.

(See https://daffodil.apache.org/unsupported/)

Surprised you didn't get a warning to that effect. If there is no warning about this, that's a bug.