Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Stefan Lützkendorf <lu...@apache.org> on 2005/02/15 19:08:18 UTC

Permissions on Histories and Versions

Hi Folks,

I'd like to revive an old but unresolved problem: "Permissions on history and
version resources".

Has anybody found a good solution to this point in the meantime?

I think about implementing some thing like this:

- Each version history (VHR) should have the same permissions as
   the corresponding version controlled resource (VCR)
   (I assume there is only one)

- Each version resource (VR) has the same permissions than the VHR

- orphaned VHRs will get any configurable default permissions (e.g. read
   permissions for every body of the group 'sysadmin')

- A problem I see is: how to determine _effectively_ the VCR to a given VH.
   * there is some the locate-by-history report (I this fast enought)
   * there is the checkout-set property which is maintained; may be this sould
     maintained vor checked-in resources too.

Any thoughts or solutions :-) for this? Thanks in advance.

Stefan

See the discussion from last year: "Structure of history folder"
http://mail-archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listId=39&by=thread&from=683184

--
Stefan Lützkendorf  --  luetzkendorf@apache.org