Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Tobias Wahlström <to...@pricerunner.com> on 2002/06/11 15:35:25 UTC

Were did all resorces disapear?

Hi all!

I'm managing an application which does XSLT processing all day long. It
is restarted once a day.
I have just upgraded from an older Xalan implementation to xalan-j_2_3_1.
The major difference between the older implementation and the newer one
is that the older one works, the new one don't.

It throws this exception all the time.

Caused by: org.apache.xml.dtm.DTMException: No more DTM IDs are available
    at
org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMManagerDefault.getFirstFreeDTMID(DTMManagerDefault.java:134)
    at
org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMManagerDefault.getDTM(DTMManagerDefault.java:184)
    at
org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMManagerDefault.getDTMHandleFromNode(DTMManagerDefault.java:438)
    at
org.apache.xpath.XPathContext.getDTMHandleFromNode(XPathContext.java:195)
    at
org.apache.xalan.extensions.XSLProcessorContext.outputToResultTree(XSLProcessorContext.java:257)
    at
org.apache.xalan.extensions.ExtensionHandlerJavaClass.processElement(ExtensionHandlerJavaClass.java:423)
    at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemExtensionCall.execute(ElemExtensionCall.java:307)
    ... 45 more

If I decrease the size of the input file to toy-size it starts to work,
but not for several toy-size files.
After a while (and loads of exceptions and failed processings) the
entire JVM dies due to java.lang.OutOfMemoryError.

This doesn't seems like a stable behaviour.

Have I encountered a bug? Is it known? Am I stupid? Am I at least
somewhat lost?

Best regards,
Tobias