Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2007/05/01 15:06:23 UTC

Re: [C++] SDO overlapping annonymous types problem

On 4/30/07, Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> [...]
> name,
> > > for
> > > example, If I have the schema:
> > >
> > > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > > <schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
> > >        targetNamespace="http://www.example.org/AnnonTypes"
> > >        xmlns:tns="http://www.example.org/AnnonTypes"
> > > elementFormDefault="qualified">
> > >
> > >        <element name="Top">
> > >          <complexType>
> > >            <sequence>
> > >              <element name="ElementA">
> > >                  <complexType>
> > >                     <sequence>
> > >                        <element name="Overlapping">
> > >                          <complexType>
> > >                            <sequence>
> > >                              <element name="ValueA" type="string"/>
> > >                            </sequence>
> > >                          </complexType>
> > >                        </element>
> > >                     </sequence>
> > >                  </complexType>
> > >              </element>
> > >              <element name="ElementB">
> > >                  <complexType>
> > >                     <sequence>
> > >                        <element name="Overlapping">
> > >                          <complexType>
> > >                            <sequence>
> > >                              <element name="ValueB" type="string"/>
> > >                            </sequence>
> > >                          </complexType>
> > >                        </element>
> > >                     </sequence>
> > >                  </complexType>
> > >              </element>
> > >            </sequence>
> > >          </complexType>
> > >        </element>
> > > </schema>
> > >
> > > And the XML
> > >
> > > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > > <tns:Top xmlns:tns="http://www.example.org/AnnonTypes"
> > >         xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> > >         xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.example.org/AnnonTypes
> > > AnnonTypes.xsd ">
> > > <tns:ElementA>
> > >    <tns:Overlapping>
> > >      <tns:ValueA>tns:ValueA</tns:ValueA>
> > >    </tns:Overlapping>
> > > </tns:ElementA>
> > > <tns:ElementB>
> > >    <tns:Overlapping>
> > >      <tns:ValueB>tns:ValueB</tns:ValueB>
> > >    </tns:Overlapping>
> > > </tns:ElementB>
> > > </tns:Top>
> > >
> > > I looked to see if this had been raised as a bug and It didn't look
> like
> > > it
> > > had. I'll go and do that but was just wondering if that was by design
> for
> > > some reason? To fix this we would have to construct a scoping
> mechanism
> > > for
> > > annonymous types based on the context in which they appear.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Simon
> > >

> > --
> > Pete

> Ok thanks Frank/Pete. I checked the C++ spec and it does just say that the
name of the annonymous type is the same as the name of the enclosing element
declaration. So it's working as specified but we need to fix the spec.  I
recorded this as TUSCANY-1238 lest we forget.

Regards

Simon

Re: [C++] SDO overlapping annonymous types problem

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 5/1/07, Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I've checked in a fix to append "1", "2" etc to anonymous type names that
> clash. In your example you will get types Overlapping and Overlapping1.
>
> Cheers,
>

> On 01/05/07, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 5/1/07, Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Simon, I'll take a look at this. It may be fairly simple to mirror
> what
> > > the
> > > Tuscany Java implementation does.

> > > SDO-Java
> would
> > > be

> > 09:30:34

> > states

> problem

> annonymous
> > element

> > > type="string"/>
> > > type="string"/>

> > > look

> > that
> > > spec.  I

> > > --
> > > Pete
> > >
> > Ok, thanks Pete.
> >
> > Simon
> >

> --
> Pete

Cool. Thanks Pete. I'll give it a sping.

Simon

Re: [C++] SDO overlapping annonymous types problem

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.

--
Pete

Re: [C++] SDO overlapping annonymous types problem

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 5/1/07, Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Simon, I'll take a look at this. It may be fairly simple to mirror what
> the
> Tuscany Java implementation does.
>
> On 01/05/07, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 4/30/07, Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > This is an open issue against the SDO specification. In Tuscany
> SDO-Java
> > > we automatically rename such duplicates: e.g., the second type would
> be
> > > named "Overlapping1". The next version of the spec needs to define a
> > > "standard" way to handle this.
> > >
> > > Frank.
> > >
> > > "Pete Robbins" <ro...@googlemail.com> wrote on 04/30/2007 09:30:34
> > AM:

> > > that
> > element.
> > > In
> > namespace.

> > they
> > > have

> > types
> > > are
> > > name,

> type="string"/>
> type="string"/>

> look
> > > like
> > design
> > > for
> > > mechanism

> > > Ok thanks Frank/Pete. I checked the C++ spec and it does just say that
> > the
> > name of the annonymous type is the same as the name of the enclosing
> > element
> > declaration. So it's working as specified but we need to fix the
> spec.  I
> > recorded this as TUSCANY-1238 lest we forget.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Simon
> >

> --
> Pete

Ok, thanks Pete.

Simon

Re: [C++] SDO overlapping annonymous types problem

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.

--
Pete