Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com> on 2000/12/20 19:58:52 UTC

C2: errors

The semantics of <esql:get-int column="maxid"/> or any of the
other typed responses.  The problem is when we use one of these
types of calls, we are expecting an int, long, double, etc.

I am working through some practical things with the taglib, so it
should be working soon.  I am going to change those semantics so
that they are correct--and they don't all act like <esql:get-string/>
like now.

---------------------------------------
If you lust for Ham and Eggs, you have
committed breakfast in your heart
already.   -- C. S. Lewis

Re: errors

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com>.
Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> I made it so that you can use the attribute string="true" to retrieve
> a string value.
>
> Example:
>
> <esql:get-int column="maxid"/>
>
> returns an int value, but
>
> <esql:get-int column="maxid" string="true"/>
>
> allows you to use it in the former manner.
>
> The format attributes still function, and automatically act
> as if string="true" was set.

er, why don't you just use get-string to cast the result as a string?

- donald

Re: errors

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com>.

Re: C2: errors

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> The semantics of <esql:get-int column="maxid"/> or any of the
> other typed responses.  The problem is when we use one of these
> types of calls, we are expecting an int, long, double, etc.

and that's what you get...!

<xspdoc:desc>returns the value of the given column as a long</xspdoc:desc>
<xsl:template match="esql:row-results//esql:get-long">
  <xsp:expr><xsl:call-template
name="get-resultset"/>.getLong(<xsl:call-template
name="get-column"/>)</xsp:expr>
</xsl:template>

- donald