Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Szymon Przedwojski <sz...@polidea.com> on 2019/05/10 15:22:47 UTC

Re: Bay Area Airflow meetup

Hi Feng,

I'd like to submit my talk proposal for the Bay Area meetup.

*Working title:* Migrating Apache Oozie Workflows to Apache Airflow - the
developer’s perspective

I want to talk about the Oozie-to-Airflow [1] project created by Google
that we at Polidea help develop.
It's a conversion tool written in Python that generates Airflow Python DAGs
from Oozie workflow XMLs, thus enabling easy migration of Oozie workflows
to Airflow.
I would like to present the architecture of the solution and of the whole
end-to-end system tests suite, talk about the challenges we faced when
translating various Oozie features to Airflow and discuss the future of the
project.
Moreover, I will show how the Airflow community can get involved in the
open-source Oozie-to-Airflow project and why it would be mutually
beneficial.

*About me:*
I’m a Software Engineer @ Polidea in Warsaw. I’ve been programming
professionally for 5 years now, mainly using Python, Java and JS.
I have public speaking experience - I gave a couple of talks at Python and
JS meetups, at a GDG Dev Fest Warsaw event and multiple internal talks at
companies I’ve worked for.
I’ve been involved with Airflow since August last year and I’ve contributed
several operators for different GCP services.

[1] https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/cloud-composer

*Szymon Przedwojski*
Polidea | Software Engineer

M: +48 500 330 790

Re: Bay Area Airflow meetup

Posted by Feng Lu <fe...@google.com.INVALID>.
Fantastic Viraj, thanks for sending in your talk. I'll start to compile the
talks I've received.

*From: *Viraj Parekh <vi...@astronomer.io>
*Date: *Fri, May 10, 2019 at 10:45 AM
*To: * <de...@airflow.apache.org>
*Cc: *Griselda Cuevas, Leah Cole, Trishka Fernandes

Hi Feng,

Re: Bay Area Airflow meetup

Posted by Viraj Parekh <vi...@astronomer.io>.
Hi Feng,

Re: Bay Area Airflow meetup

Posted by Daniel Standish <dp...@gmail.com>.
Per Feng, the presentations will be recorded and links published to dev
list / meetup page, but will not be live streamed.

Re: Bay Area Airflow meetup

Posted by Teresa Martyny <te...@omadahealth.com>.

Re: Bay Area Airflow meetup

Posted by Austin Weaver <au...@flyrlabs.com>.