Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Peter Neu <pe...@gmx.net> on 2006/05/31 11:49:12 UTC

[users@httpd] How to configure access control for jkmount urls?

Hello,

I have to configure an ip filter for certain urls which I pass to a tomcat
server. How can I do this? I suppose

Something like this won't work:

<Directory "requestUrl">

       Options Indexes MultiViews

       AllowOverride None

       Order allow,deny

       Allow from 452.445.451.444

</Directory>

Configuration looks like this

# Load mod_jk module

LoadModule    jk_module  /usr/lib/apache2/mod_jk.so

# Declare the module for <IfModule directive> (remove this line on Apache
2.x)

# AddModule     mod_jk.c

# Where to find workers.properties

# Update this path to match your conf directory location (put
workers.properties next to httpd.conf)

JkWorkersFile /etc/apache2/conf.d/workers.properties

# Where to put jk logs

# Update this path to match your logs directory location (put mod_jk.log
next to access_log)

JkLogFile     /var/log/apache2/mod_jk.log

# Set the jk log level [debug/error/info]

JkLogLevel    info

# Select the log format

# JkOptions indicate to send SSL KEY SIZE,

JkOptions     +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectories

# JkRequestLogFormat set the request format

JkRequestLogFormat     "%w %V %T"

# Send everything for context /foo to worker named worker1 (ajp13)

 JkMount /requestUrl/* worker1

Cheers,

Pete

Re: [users@httpd] How to configure access control for jkmount urls?

Posted by Ian Brandt <ia...@ianbrandt.com>.
I use a Location directive.  See:
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#location>.  More or
less works the same as Directory, except it's based on the URL not the
filesystem location.

<Location /admin>
    Options Indexes MultiViews
    AllowOverride None
    Order Allow,Deny
    Allow from 452.445.451.444
</Location>

Unlikely, but just watch out that you don't expose the same resource
through another URL in Tomcat (using URLRewriteFilter for example).

~Ian
http://ianbrandt.com/