Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Hey Nony Moose <he...@liveonthe.net> on 2006/03/24 02:16:21 UTC

[NSC] taking this discussion somewhere else (was: has struts reached the saturation)

[NSC] = No Struts Content ... a tagging that I've seen used on other
lists ( N?C ) where ? = initial of the lists name

Emmanouil Batsis wrote:

> Hello,
> As a mortal user i would suggest that all this discussion to be taken
> somewhere else,

There have been a few similar calls for this. I already suggested taking
it to this forum:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/struts-dev/
but the members of that list might violently resist the infusion of grit
in their list.

> but i have a strong feeling that the motives behind this and many
> other thread posts during the last few months are actually fed by the
> visibility of the mailing list itself.

and I too think that's perhaps why it is still here.  perhaps the more
enduring combatants want the discussion to *be* this publicly visible,
rather than in a quiet corner of the E.
I once even constructed a new userlist purely to house an OT flame war
on a public list, and not one person shifted camp.  The commentators
notes were similar ... it was the notability of the list itself which
kept the flamers from leaving the venue.
(To all, not specifically Emmanouil)
I think DJ has a credible point, HILODMWWASPE (hidden in lashings of
decorative malice, which we all somehow perversely enjoy).  Use your
filters.  And ignore threads (noobs: if you're not thread-keen, think
"subject") that you *know* contain this debate.  Go on! live a little!
delete an email without reading it, based only on the subject or the
sender!!!  it's quite therapeutic.

 Microsoft Moose  (NOT!)
It's FRIDAY, have a bloody laugh for crying out loud!  (er that's right,
you TITS (There In The States) are half a spin of the earth behind The
Clever Country, it's probably thursday night.)    :)

Re: [FRIDAY] taking this discussion somewhere else

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
LMAO..I like this one:
http://www.rider.edu/suler/psycyber/listbulb.html

--