Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by fi...@cirquedigital.com on 2004/12/08 07:54:21 UTC

[vfs/net] ftp proxy url

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can specify a proxy host/port in a url ?

Something like ftp://user:pass@host@proxy:21:/my/path
(obviously doesn't work like this ;-) )

Thanks in advance!

- Filip

Re: [vfs/net] ftp proxy url

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hello!

>Btw, did your fix for the FTP connect make it into the 1.3.0 release
>of the ftp component?

Sorry for being late!

Yes! One of the next nightlies should contain this fix.

---
Mario

Re: [vfs/net] ftp proxy url

Posted by fi...@cirquedigital.com.
> filipdef@cirquedigital.com wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know how I can specify a proxy host/port in a url ?
>>

> There is not a single ftp-proxy standard, so it depends on the ftp-proxy
> you use.
> Could you please tell the type/name of your proxy?

Will investigate, it's at a customer's facility (so I don't
actually have access to it to play much with it..)

> If you use a socks proxy you could try the settings as described at
> http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Net/FrequentlyAskedQuestions.

Yes, I asked them to set it up this way to connect to my
update center and that seems to work for http at least.

> Other proxies need a special user-name e.g. anonymous@host.com. You
> could try something like
> ftp://user%40targethost:password@proxy/

Ok, will ask them to try it with the %40 and stuff..

> Hope this helps!

Yes, thanks for your help.

Btw, did your fix for the FTP connect make it into the 1.3.0 release
of the ftp component?

Thanks a lot,
- Filip

Re: [vfs/net] ftp proxy url