Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2004/08/02 04:02:09 UTC

Re: blocking bucket reads on non-blocking sockets

Cliff Woolley wrote:
> On Mon, 17 May 2004, Joe Orton wrote:
>

>>I'd hoped some friendly buckets guru would step in here :) I guess if
>>it's correct to solve this at bucket-level, the solution is to make
>>socket_bucket_read() check whether the socket is non-blocking on each
>>call, and temporarily set the timeout to -1 if it is...
>

> How is it that you guys always come up with work for /me/ to do when I'm
> on my way out of town?  heheheh  Anyway this particular bucket guru is
> about to get on the road to head to Santa Clara, CA for the summer... and
> it'll be about a week and a half voyage.  So either some other bucket guru
> needs to step in, or somebody else needs to do it, or it has to wait until
> I'm on the left coast.  :)

This bug is still unresolved. It was last discussed 2.5 months ago.
Cliff or someone else, could you please take a look at it?

If you're unsure what is this about: it's the socket_bucket_read() bug
in protocol handlers, due to the httpd-level fix to have the socket
unblocking by default. The whole thread is here:

Thank you!