Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Ivan Pavlukhin <vo...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/24 08:20:03 UTC

[DISCUSS] When can we drop IndexingSpi?

Hi,

As you might know IndexingSpi is a candidate for removal in Ignite
3.0. But perhaps we can drop it earlier (e.g. in 2.9). Are there any
strong reasons to keep it? And is there an evidence that it works fine
in current versions? Does someone use it?

My personal concern here are complexities in GridCacheQueryManager and
related code. While working with text queries I found tightly coupled
and semi-dead code. Dropping IndexingSpi can significantly simplify a
refactoring here.

--
Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin