Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ta...@cexp.com on 2003/04/21 17:35:24 UTC

$jslink options

Is there a $jslink option I can use from my top_nav file in velocity to
dynamically go to an appropriate pane for a given user?

A little more specifically:
I have a set of .jpeg files in the top_nav (that our users would like to use
as tabs.)  When a user clicks on a particular .jpeg file, I want to
dynamically go to a specific tab pane that is set up in the users .psml
file. The actual tab pane is not visible to the user because the title is
blanked out.

I looked at the $jslink.getPage(PageName) option. But I wasn't sure which
field in the .psml file "PageName" refers to.

Does anyone know how to set up clicking on a .jpg file --> goes to a
different tab pane dynamically for an already logged on user?

Thanks!

Re: $jslink options

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Monday, April 21, 2003, at 08:35  AM, Tara.Gilley@cexp.com wrote:

> Is there a $jslink option I can use from my top_nav file in velocity to
> dynamically go to an appropriate pane for a given user?

Try going here for the $jslink syntax:

http://www.bluesunrise.com/jetspeed

Login as username = test, password = test, go to the second pane, there
are plenty of examples of the jslink syntax

> A little more specifically:
> I have a set of .jpeg files in the top_nav (that our users would like
> to use
> as tabs.)  When a user clicks on a particular .jpeg file, I want to
> dynamically go to a specific tab pane that is set up in the users .psml
> file. The actual tab pane is not visible to the user because the title
> is
> blanked out.

Some examples, you will need to give your pane an idea though:

jslink.getUser('sam', 'default').getPaneById("Pane_3")
jslink.getPaneById("Pane_3,SubPane_17")

> I looked at the $jslink.getPage(PageName) option. But I wasn't sure
> which
> field in the .psml file "PageName" refers to.
>
> Does anyone know how to set up clicking on a .jpg file --> goes to a
> different tab pane dynamically for an already logged on user?

I don't think thats possible, but you can go to a the page of another
user if that user grants you access

The cvs head also has a new feature, forwards. You can do something
like this:

     <forward name='SpecificPane'>
         <page name='panes' group='Jetspeed'/>
         <pane id='114'/>
     </forward>

And then specify the forward in your vm file as

$jsforward.forward('SpecificPane')

Or you can use forwards in your Java code, abstracting from
'hard-coding' portlet resource links in you Java code.
I haven't documented this feature yet. Should have the documentation on
the website updated within a few days

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software