Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Ignacio Bolivar <ig...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/08 23:24:51 UTC

Sending Email Reciept Notification

Hi, all.

We're already using JDBCVirtualUserTable quite
successfully for receipt and delivery of local mail,
as well as forwarding to external addresses.

What we'd like to do is for a subset of users send an
email notification to an external address simply
stating that they've received an email in their JAMES
account.  They'll then know to login, read, reply,
etc.

Forwarding works technically, but we want to encourage
these users to log into our system to interact with
these emails, rather than using an external account.

We've already an additional field in the db listing
this external notification email address, and want to
use it to send these notifications.

Our thinking was to, after LocalDelivery, perform this
match/action.  Any advice on when to perform this
step, and which existing matcher/mailet to crib from?

Thanks.

Igi