Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by brydon <br...@bandofcoders.com> on 2007/08/14 15:53:52 UTC

lucene.net on UNC share

Hey all,

What is the common pattern for implementing Lucene.net in an environment
with multiple, load balanced web servers?

We've been attempting to store the index and lock files on a UNC share,
however, we seem to be continually running into invalid results in the
index. As well, we get "cannot create directory" errors that occur
somewhat randomly, or at least we haven't established the pattern yet.

Thanks, in advance, for any advice.

thanks,
brydon

{*} Band of Coders

http://bandOfCoders.com
http://shiftMode.com
519.489.0116

Re: lucene.net on UNC share

Posted by Patrick Burrows <pb...@gmail.com>.
I've seen previous posts that mention writing a service to use as an app
server to access a single instance of the index.

I've not had a need for that yet, though, so I haven't tried.

--
-